Saturday, July 3, 2010

My 1st Post

Well, here it is...I have officially entered the bloggers world! I am kind of excited and a bit nervous as I walk into this unchartered territory for me. I believe that God has a special purpose for me to encourage others. I believe that this blog will be a small tool in doing just that.

I have entitled my blog "my unveiled journey." This verse says it all for me, "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18. I was given this verse several years ago when the Lord was birthing a new ministry in me. It has become my life verse.

My purpose for this blog is for anyone(particularly women) that read's this to see that it is okay to live a transparent, unveiled life. I think as women we can get caught up in playing a role and hiding behind our issues. I am a wife, mom, pastor's wife and one that is struggling with illness right now. I am a normal person with normal issues that just happens to be under a microscope for others to analyze everyday. My husband & I made the decision early in our ministry that we would live a life of transparency. We chose to not be the pastor's that would try to hide their issues & put on a fake facade at church. We want to be pastor's that our congregation can relate to & feel comfortable that we understand what they are going through.

I ultimately want to be a woman of God that lives a life unveiled so I can reflect His glory! I want my son to see the same mommy at home that he does at church! I am striving to be a woman that is okay with living beyond the veil!

I will be using this blog as a voice for myself to express my daily shortcomings and successes! I will use it as an encouragement to women and pastor's wives. I will be sharing very openly about what God is transforming in me so I can better reflect HIM in my life. Please feel free to comment on my posts openly. Looking forward to walking this unveiled journey with all of you! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment