Monday, October 25, 2010

He makes ALL things POSSIBLE!

Tonight, I am feeling very reflective, grateful and pensive as I write this blog entry...It is so hard to try and describe all the feelings that I have been feeling over the last several days since my Handsome Nephew Christian Thomas Hall has come into this world. My Beautiful sister Tracey gave birth to him on October 2oth at 6:44pm. He weighed in at 11lbs 22.5 inches long! A big blessing in my eyes, just proving how great and faithful our God is to us. He is my sister and brother-in-law Ryan's 1st baby together.

Nearly 13 years ago this November 11th my sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Dara! At the time, my sister was in high school and wanted to make the best decision for her baby. Early in her pregnancy, she made the decision to bless another family through adoption. I know this was a hard decision for her but she was focused on what was best for her baby. We all read the profile of the adopted family and felt it was a great fit for her.

During this time lot's of emotions were running wild in our family, as to be expected. Questions like: Is this the right decision for us? Mom & Dad can raise her, right? If I would get married this summer before she is born Gabe & I could raise her as our own, right? Is this really going to be the best thing for her? BUT...GOD had Great plans for HER! Little did we know that he was going to make ALL things POSSIBLE through adoption.

When the adoption was final, emotions continued to rise...Sadness, grief, hurt, pain and so much more! There was a slight glimmer of hope that was received from the adoptive family that they were open to having an open adoption. My sister was not for it at first because she was still dealing with the grief. Over the course of the 1st year of Dara's life God began to show her/us that He could make ALL things POSSIBLE if we would let Him!

Right before Christmas of 1998 our families met for the 1st time! Gabe and I were not able to be there but they met and it was a wonderful time! We got to meet Dara and her precious family at my sister's graduation in June 1999. Gabe & I had just gotten married the weekend before her graduation. This meeting still proving that He makes ALL things POSSIBLE in His time!

When the adoption became final the thoughts of ever seeing Dara or having a relationship faded. We thought that could never be a possibility. The dreams of seeing her grow up, celebrate birthdays, graduate from high school, go to college, get married and have her own children were all just a faded dream.

In December of 1998 those dreams started to become a reality that we never thought would come true. As the months and seasons began to unfold so did the visits, memories and pictures with Dara and her family unfolded. We not only got to be a part of Dara's life, we also were blessed with an amazing family, an extension of us!

Throughout the years my sister has been blessed beyond measure with a wonderful job & career, an amazing husband and now their first son! God continues to make ALL things possible through the birth of their son. On Saturday, October 23rd Dara and Christian met for the 1st time! A Sister and a brother exchanging hugs and kisses for the 1st time. A picture that we thought we would never have...A biological mom and an adoptive mom witnessing the beauty of His possibility together! This is one thing that in our eyes was impossible 13 years ago but God saw fit to make it possible for our family!

I am so grateful for Dara's family. They are such a big part of our family now! I don't even want to consider what life would be like without them. They are wonderful, loving and fit with us like a glove.

I am so proud of my sister for making a decision that would affect all of us for the rest of our lives. At the time she had no idea what was going to happen or if she would ever see her daughter again. She may have not seen the possibility 13 years ago but I know for certain that she sees what God is capable of now! He took in what her eyes seemed impossible and He made ALL things POSSIBLE and then some!


This is dedicated to my sister & Dara's Family! WOW! ALL things are POSSIBLE with GOD!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful testimony of God's Greatness, and how many miracles he provides us with.
    I am so very happy for your families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was just on time for me. As you know I gave up 2 children for adoption myself. My daughters birthday was on the 9th of this month and I have been having a hard time with it. She turned 10! I haven't seen her since she was 18 months old. My son will be 12 this year, and I haven't seen him since he was 3 months.

    Both families were amazing and I know their with the right ones!!! I question often though if I did the right thing. Satan likes to through that up in my face. I know it was a miracle. I am humbled that God aloud me to be apart of answering a prayer for 2 separate families.

    Thank you for sharing this testimony with us! And congrats on being a new Auntie!!! I love you and miss you Pastor Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise & Diva, Thank you so much for your encouraging words!

    Diva, I am glad this post was an encouragement to you! I know that the decision to bless two families with your babies was not an easy decision. I am sure you have the doubt of whether you did the right thing for them. It has to bring you peace knowing that you found the right families for your children! I am glad that you can see now how GOd used you to bless these families. God will continue to bless you for your decision.
    Bless you girl. We miss you guys too!!!! Hope we can see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful story, Tami. I'm so glad God had a plan that was higher and greater than man's. Our understanding is so limited in our humanity. God is faithful though.

    ReplyDelete