Monday, February 28, 2011

How you LEANING?

As I put my son down to bed last night I was contemplating Proverbs 3:5,6: Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Several years ago, I can remember leading children in worship to this verse/song. It was a wonderful upbeat song that they loved to sing. I loved singing it with them also. Since then this verse has never left me...

As I sang the song in my head tonight I heard "How is your lean Tami?" I first said, "WHAT?" Then I sang it again and stopped at that part in the song and went, "OHHHH!" The first part of this verse says to trust in HIM with all your heart. Not with some of your heart, but ALL of your heart. The next part of the verse states that we are not to lean on our own understanding. I believe this is a reminder from our Father that if we are truly trusting in Him with our all that there will be NO lean in our stature. When we trust in Him we have to have His foundation under our feet and we are confidently standing up straight in our walk.

The next verse tells us to acknowledge Him in every way. He already knows the decisions that we will make before we make them. He loves us so much that He wants us to submit all our ways to Him. When we trust Him with all our heart His promise is to make our paths straight! WOW, if I just trust him with everything He will make my paths straight and not so bumpy.

If we truly abided by this verse life would be so much easier! We, as humans, enjoy control over our lives and our loved ones. He wants us to give ALL of this to HIM so we have no lean in our stance.

I don't know about you, but I have adjusted my lean tonight. I am standing a little more straight and tall so He can make my path straight!

BE blessed & BE a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment